Friday, September 23, 2011

If These Walls Could Talk Continued...


A beautifully restored Victorian.  I'm brand new to figuring out exactly what flavor is involved.  Perhaps those of you who are "old hats" in the historic architecture department will enlighten me.  The fancy windows, though, kind of give me a feel of Early Colonial Revival, but I don't think the front door has side lights, which, I understand, was pretty much the norm for that particular style.  Maybe she's just a mixed up, pup?  (laughing)  Whatever her bloodline is, though, the final result is quite lovely!  I wish there were more photos of the outside of this damsel other than the one that's listed.  Makes me wonder if there's something off about the lot.  In my book, at least in this regard, more is ALWAYS better.

Taken At, What, Dusk?


The Stained-Glass Window (Seen To the Left of the Front Door In the Above Photo)



Front Parlor (love the light from those beautiful windows combined with the buttery shade of the walls)



Formal Dining Room



Master Bedroom



Bathroom One  (love the French toile on the sink.)



Kitchen (black and white theme carrying over from bath, I suppose.  nice light fixture)



Informal Dining Area?



Bedroom Two (judging by windows right over the parlor)



Bedroom Three (smiling at rug)



Bathroom Two



Family Room




Fireplace Detail (not sure where this one resides.  master bedroom, maybe?)



As I said above, I'd dearly love to see more pictures of the outside of this house.  I'd, also, like to see what the grand stairway (generally displayed to great effect in such homes) looks like.








No comments:

Post a Comment